When I first saw swatches of the Milani Texture collection and the preview for the China Glaze Textured collection I thought these textured polishes were horrible and possibly the worst nail polish trend ever. I felt pretty "meh" about the OPI Mariah Carey Liquid Sands. But then I saw the Zoya Pixie Dusts which changed my mind completely, suddenly I had to have them! Then, the Bond Girls from OPI! I bought up 3 Zoya Pixie Dusts and 2 of the OPI's and I am not disappointed! I absolutely love them and plan on getting more of these textured polishes in the future (they are a bit pricey).
And now, the gorgeous Zoya - Stevie...
Color: Zoya - Stevie: $9 Zoya.com & Ulta.
Base Coat: American Classics - Bridge the Ridge: $5.99 Sally Beauty Supply (my new favorite base coat).
|Zoya - Stevie (Artificial Light)|
|Zoya - Stevie (Natural Light)|
I answered a Beauty Q & A survey that you can read if you are interested after the jump!
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
My hair is mostly straight but sort of wavy. My hair was slick straight as a kid.
2. What is your natural hair color?
Medium/Dark Golden Brown.
3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I haven't dyed my hair in about 10 years but when I did I had my mom do it, she is a cosmetologist though she let her license expire. I've never even been to a salon. She still cuts my hair.
4. How often do you wash your hair?
I wash my hair either every day or every other day. My hair gets oily FAST. It's like it turns into a grease puddle in 24hrs on the dot. There are very few shampoos/conditioners that I use that will hold it for up to about 40hrs. I used to ONLY use Matrix - Amplify Shampoo/Conditioner but I have found L'Oreal EverStrong Thickening Shampoo/Conditioner gives me similar results for half the price.
5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?
My hair is very fine so I unfortunately can't do much with it but I can't stand wearing it down, I usually pull it up into a sloppy bun or a half pony. Curls won't hold and I can't pull it tight or it will all break off. :P
6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I do my own manis/pedis. I had a pedicure done once at a cheap salon and they did a shotty job, they didn't get all the dead skin off of my heels and cut my toe nails too short so they dug into me when they grew back.
7. How often to you change your nail polish?
There was a long period (early in the addiction) when I would change it every 1-2 days but it's usually every 2-4 days now.
8. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer?
I am very inconsistent about polishing my toes, I wear socks year round (I'm weird).
9. How long does it take to put on your makeup?
30-45 minutes if I'm having fun doing it.
10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
11. Do you "collect" makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I only by foundation, powder, blush and primers when I need them. I collect the rest but I don't buy makeup very often because it's so expensive.
12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I wore false lashes once and I hated them. I didn't like the weight, the glue and they were too dramatic for me.
13. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
14. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)?
I don't wear any makeup while I am alone or with my immediate family I wear makeup about 75% of the time I am with my fiance. I do full makeup for special outings and family get-togethers.
15. Will you leave the house without makeup?
I usually need at least a couple dots of concealer.
16. How many high end products do you have?
I use high end primers (Smashbox/Laura Mercier/Too Faced/Lorac)
17. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?
Umm... not often enough. v.v I don't use concealer or foundation brushes though.
18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
90% of my clothes are black and they are all mix and match so I usually just have an idea before bed but just use whatever is clean when I get dressed.
19. How often do you change your handbag?
About once a year when I get a new one. I have a really gorgeous Vince Camuto bag though that I probably won't change for a few years. I am really picky about handbags.
20. What time do you get up & go to sleep?
I'm a night owl, I usually stay up until 4-6am. When I wake up varies depending on what I need to do.
21. How often & when do you workout?
I try to fit in 30-60 mins of Pump It Up Exceed for the PS2 a day but I hate exercising and I'm not very good about keeping up with it.
22. Left-handed or Right-handed?
23. How tall are you?
24. Do you speak a foreign language?
I'm not fluent in anything but I took Spanish K-9 and Japanese 10-11. My fiance's family is Portuguese so I am learning some dirty stuff from his grandmother. :)
25. How many pets do you have?
I have one adorable 8 year old fat cat.
26. How often are you on Blogger?
27. Do you read the comments posted blogs?
Not usually. I do read my own and I will sometimes read if a blogger asks the readers a question at the end of the post.
28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
I have a wish-list but I don't update it often, I usually keep it in my head. :P
29. How did you come up with your blog name?
I couldn't even come up with one, every cute pun I thought of was already taken so I just used my name, lol. It was meant to be a placeholder but I never came up with anything better.
30. What kind of camera do you use?
I never use my own camera for blogs, it's a Kodak EasyShare C182. The shutter speed is slow and it attempts to color correct everything (to the wrong color). For instance, I tried to take a picture of the green tinted sky before a nasty storm and it color corrected it to a normal colored sky. >.<
I now borrow my mom or Fiance's cameras. My mom has a Pentax K10D DSLR and my fiance has a Canon which is very similar.
31. How often do you clean your house?
Well, I currently only have a room at my mother's house while I am trying to immigrate to Canada (it's a long and difficult process). I just pick it up once I notice it's getting cluttery. :P I never make my bed but I am also not the kind of person that leaves clothes all over the floor.
32. What is your favorite color?
PURPLE IS THE BEST!!!!
33. What is your favorite beauty/fashion magazine?
I don't subscribe to any beauty/fashion magazines. I read blogs because I like honest reviews on affordable products. I'm plus sized, pale skinned, middle-class and born and raised in the Midwest so I don't relate at all to the people that write articles for fashion & beauty magazines. I assume they are also paid for positive product reviews and don't print negative reviews.
34. Do you swear?
I do, I spend a lot of time with my niece and nephews (10, 6 & 4) though so I don't swear much. I've had to clean up my vocabulary around them. :)
35. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
I am raiding on Everquest (video game) and I need to do my exercise for the day.